Friday, November 8, 2013

Fast Fashion and its consequences


From the beginning I would like to point that I do respect the change and the positive contribution of Fast Fashion to the world.

         By Fast Fashion I mean brands that are serving the medium and medium/low segment of the market, brands which are affordable, trendy and have a short time to market.  Usually they bring all the important trends of the season from the catwalks in the store in two weeks. They have an acceptable to low quality of the textile and production and are appealing and trendy.

         Fast fashion offer gives to everybody the possibility to show their individuality, the chance to wear the trends of the season and not pay the high price of the top brands item, develop our expressiveness and creativity by forming our own style. It gave us the possibility to look good and prepare for the event much faster and with less effort; even if I must admit that I miss those times when the creation of an outfit was taking days or even months, when the model was only in my head and the creation was so sweet and challenging.

With all this new possibilities and opportunities I expect to see good dressed and stylish people around me, beautiful and happy people that are confident in themselves and showing it by way they look. Which learn and give an example of lifestyle to their children, family or friends.

Looking around I ask myself what actually happened? Did we learn from that or we just took it as granted and used it in the easiest way possible, by filling the wardrobes at maximum. Unfortunately I think we are more deceived and bored, nervous and always in a hurry, dressed with low quality clothes, artificial textiles and most of the time in total disaccord to the event. With shiny skirts during the day, transparent blouses and skinny pants on every type of body, and in the evening the creativity has no borders.

We didn’t learn to respect ourselves but we take what is given to us. We didn’t understand how to dress but we let others sell it to us. We don’t ask but just accept, because we’re too lazy to get it as we think we need it.


To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment